Thursday, January 12, 2012

Baby's Treasure Box

This is a treasure box to hold babies precious momentos...or you can make it for yourself as a memory box.  Simply ModPog torn paper onto a wooden box(from Hobby Lobby) then adorn with trinkets and such. I added a small frame on the front to hold baby's picture. I glued small spools on the bottom for feet. I used wire and clear beads to make a handle on top- the box is thin enough to poke the wire through and secure with glue before you add the felt to the inside.I have written a poem that goes on the bottom which you may use. I coated the outside with a coat of varnish and I finished the inside off with felt. The 3 small boxes are made to hold baby's first tooth, hair and booties or whatever you choose.  TFL!








My Treasure Box

A box full of treasures
Some old-Some new
Memories gathered
My whole life through
Some are words written
By family and friends
A keepsake remembered
Again and Again
A lifetime of memories
And treasures held dear
All close to my heart...
You'll find mine in here.
                   Janet Benthin

No comments:

Post a Comment